It’s time for spring cleaning! Open the windows and let the fresh air in. This is one of the best times of the year to give your carpet a good deep cleaning. During the winter months when the house is closed up, dust and dander build up in the carpet is at it’s highest point. This can lead to increased allergy issues in the spring. With the average cost for carpet cleaning running as high as $75 per room, do it yourself carpet cleaning is the best way to go! Genesis 950 makes carpet cleaning a breeze. With a 2.5 gallon cube priced at $64.30, not only can you clean the carpet in your entire house, but you will also have plenty left to clean the kitchen, the bathroom and so much more!
A dirty carpet is more than just an eye sore. Dirty carpets can trigger several different health issues.
Respiratory Issues – Through the winter months dust and dander settle in the fibers of the carpet. This can lead to an increase in dust mites. Dust mites release an enzyme that causes respiratory issues. Wheezing and coughing are the most popular symptoms.
Allergies – The accumulation of dust and debris in carpet can trigger allergies, dermatitis and eczema. While this can also a direct impact on the respiratory system, it may also cause skin irritation. This is especially true if there are children in the house that spend a lot of time on the carpet. Pet hair and dander also enhance the problem.
Dust and dander are not the only cause of concern in carpet. Moisture in the carpet can lay down the foundation for mold growth. In late fall, and early spring, when pollen counts are at their highest, the chances of them making their way into your home are pretty high. If the pollen comes in contact with moisture in the carpet, it can encourage mold growth. If this occurs in the fall and the carpet is not cleaned, that growth will continue through winter. This is especially true in areas where moisture is brought in the house from snowy boots or wet shoes.
In homes with pets, the likelihood of mold growth, respiratory issues and allergy symptoms is higher due to the dander and hair from the pets. If pets are prone to accidents in the house, this also contributes to health issues and an increased chance for mold growth.
Giving your carpet a deep, thorough cleaning can reduce the risk of health issues and prevent mold growth. However for carpet cleaning to be effective, it needs to be done properly.
Genesis 950 can save you time and money when it comes to carpet cleaning. Genesis 950 works a little different than traditional cleaners. It is a surfactant based cleaner. This means it works with water to break the bonds of stains. When the bonds of a stain are broken, the stain becomes water soluble. Once water soluble, the stains loses adherence and can break free from the surface. Once the stain has been broken down, it can then be rinsed away.
In the before and after picture, Genesis 950 was used in a carpet cleaning machine to remove stains over a year old. These were pet stains that had been treated with other cleaners. Other cleaning products used made the areas worse, leaving grayish streaks in the carpet that could not be removed.
DIY CARPET CLEANING
Due to the high cost of carpet cleaning, or a brand new stain needed to be cleaned, many people turn to the internet to find a quick, inexpensive DIY carpet cleaning solution. There are countless recipes for DIY carpet cleaners. While many are provided with good intentions, nearly all of them include things you should NOT use in your carpet.
DIY CARPET CLEANING RECIPES TO AVOID
- VINEGAR – Vinegar is often suggested as a recipe in many DIY pet stain remover carpet
cleaners. However vinegar is the WORST thing you can use to remove pet urine stains. vinegar has a natural, acidic base. This allows it to break down stains naturally. The problem with using vinegar to clean pet stains is the odor of the acidic base. Urine, like vinegar, has an acidic base, and as a result, similarities in odor. Animals urinate based on instinct. A dog will smell out spots where they have gone before. Cats are drawn to a litter box based on the scent. If you are applying vinegar to carpets in a home with pets, you are basically establishing that spot as a place for your pet to be drawn to. If your pet keeps going to the bathroom in the same spot and you find yourself cleaning that spot over and over with vinegar, it is because the vinegar is identifying that spot as a place for your pet to go to the bathroom. The more you use vinegar, the further it will seep into the padding. The deeper in the padding it gets, the more prominent the odor. Even if you can’t smell it, your pet can. To break this cycle, STOP using vinegar and use Genesis 950 in a carpet cleaning machine to thoroughly remove the stains and odors from the carpet and padding.
- BAKING SODA – Baking soda is NOT a carpet cleaner. It is often listed as an ingredient for DIY carpet cleaning recipes
as a means to remove pet urine odors. Baking soda may mask the odor, but it does not kill bacteria that causes odors. If used, you might not smell urine stains for a brief time period, but that odor will return once the baking soda scent has drifted off. There are other problems with baking soda. Baking soda becomes clumpy when wet. These clumps can get into your carpet fibers. When carpet fibers become clogged, dirt, dust and stains become trapped within the carpet. After the carpet dries, it can leave your carpet feeling stiff. Finally, baking soda can damage your vacuum cleaner or your carpet cleaning machine. In a vacuum, the particles from baking soda are so small they can ruin the filter system and burn out the motor. With carpet cleaning, the clumps of wet baking soda can clog the motor and damage your carpet cleaning machine. If you have ever had a carpet cleaning machine break or lose suction, chances are it was due to the use of baking soda.
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT / DISH SOAP – Any type of soap based cleaner should never be used in carpet regardless of whether you are spot cleaning or machine cleaning. Soap works on the principal of attraction. When soap is introduced to a stain, it works to pull the stain toward it. When spot cleaning, it can bring dirt from the depth of the carpet upward. In doing so, the soap used on carpet actually draws any dirt from your rag or sponge back to the carpet. This is what happened in the before and after image above. The soap based cleaner used attracted dirt and grime from the padding and the rag used. The result is grayish smear marks. When soap is used in a carpet cleaning machine, it simply moves the stains around. A carpet cleaning machine can place soap in the padding. Once soap is in the padding, it will draw dirt and dust to it. After the carpet has dried, the stains continue to be drawn into the padding. Over time, changes in humidity can cause the stains to lift. Before long, the stains make their way to the surface. If you have issues with stains that keep coming back, it is because you are using a soap based cleaner. Another issue with soap based cleaners is the residue left behind. You might feel a greasy texture on the fibers or within the carpet. This soap residue can also continue to attract dirt to the carpet. Before long, your carpet will appear dirty. If you have used soap cleaners in the past, Genesis 950 can be used to break down and remove the stains and soap left behind. Once this residue has been cleaned, your carpet will not only be clean, but it will also feel soft and vibrant.
GENESIS 950 AS A DIY CARPET CLEANER
There are many benefits to using Genesis 950 as a carpet cleaner. Save money, time AND the environment!
- FRUGAL – Genesis 950 is economical. It is sold as a concentrate. Being a concentrate means you are paying for the
actual cleaning solution rather than a watered down version of the product. As a concentrate, water must be added for the solution to work. The amount of water you will add varies based on your cleaning job. For general carpet cleaning to remove dust, dander and light foot traffic, mix Genesis 950 at a ratio of 1 part Genesis 950 to 7 parts water. If you have pet stains or odors, increase the ratio of Genesis 950 to 1/3 and the water to 2/3. This is typically the recommended ratio in the event you have stains above and beyond a general cleaning. For EXTREME stains and odors – worse case scenarios – Genesis 950 can be used as high as a 50/50 mix. With a 2.5 Gallon cube of Genesis 950 priced at $64.30, the savings for DIY carpet cleaning is a far cry from the $75 per room that some carpet cleaning companies charge. In addition to the flat rate, some cleaners may charge for extra add on. Genesis 950 kills bacteria that causes odors and removes stains with no additional add on price. Don’t forget FREE SHIPPING!
Cost Savings With Genesis 950
Breakdown in Price for the 2.5 Gallon Cube of Genesis 950
2.5 Gallons breaks down to $25.72 per gallon
2.5 Gallons breaks down to $6.43 per quart (10 quarts)
If the 2.5 Gallon is used at a ratio of 1:7 with water, this equals 70 quarts of cleaning solution
2.5 Gallons mixed at a ratio of 1:7 with water breaks down to .92¢ per quart
2.5 Gallons mixed at 1/3 950 to 2/3 water (using a 1 gallon tank) breaks down to $8.03 per gallon
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Genesis 950 is a green, eco-friendly cleaner. Many household cleaners on the market have been linked to cancer, deterioration of blood cells, respiratory damage and skin irritation among other things. Genesis 950 is free of any chemicals that pose health risks. In fact many household cleaners have to be sold watered down because they contain too many dangerous chemicals to be sold as a concentrate. The last thing you want to do when cleaning is leave residues behind that can deteriorate the health of you or your family. The whole point of cleaning is to make your living environment healthy. Using dangerous chemicals is counter productive. Genesis 950 is not just safe for you and your family, it is safe for the environment. It leaves behind no damaging chemicals that can negatively impact water drainage systems or soil. It also has low VOC levels. This means it does not release chemicals that deteriorate the ozone layer.
- SAVE TIME – Having Genesis 950 on hand saves you time. You can clean on your schedule. No need to wait for a cleaning company and schedule your life around their availability. If you have a stain, you can treat it when you are ready. If you have company coming, you don’t have to worry about when a cleaning company can make it. Countless customers have stated in their reviews that Genesis 950 has removed stains that professional cleaners could not. The hassle of rescheduling professional cleaners to come back to the house to try again is eliminated with Genesis 950. Genesis 950 allows you to clean on your terms. Run a deep cleaning if there has been a pet accident. Give the carpet a general cleaning to freshen up the house. If you have small stains, use Genesis 950 as a spot cleaner. You don’t even have to waste time finding and making DIY carpet cleaning recipes!
- GENESIS 950 WORKS – Genesis 950 cleans your carpet unlike any other carpet cleaning solution. Being a surfactant, Genesis 950 is free of soaps. It can be used in any carpet cleaning machine without worrying about damage to the machine. It will make your carpet look and smell professionally cleaned. Genesis 950 will even make your carpet feel softer by removing any residue left in the pores of the fiber from other cleaners.
DIY CARPET CLEANING WITH GENESIS 950 – BEFORE AND AFTER
Use Genesis 950 for all your household cleaning needs.
As you finish your spring carpet cleaning with Genesis 950, you will see, feel and smell the difference. Stay away from 950 DIY carpet cleaning recipes that can clog your carpet fibers, attract dirt or only hide odors and stains. Genesis 950 does more than clean carpet. Clean your entire home from the kitchen to the bathroom with this amazing green, all purpose cleaner.